King’s College, The British School of Murcia (“King’s College Murcia”)
Calle Pez Volador s/n, Urbanización La Torre Golf Resort, 30709 Roldán, Murcia
VAT number: B87050134
Phone number: (+34) 968 032 500
LATAM EDUCATION HOLDINGS S.L. (parental company)
Avda. Pío XII, 92, 28036 Madrid, Spain
VAT number B87232641
Phone number: +34 913 598 800
King’s College Murcia is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited, (“Inspired Education Group”) which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the terms of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data (GDPR), Ley Orgánica 3/2018, de 5 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos Personales y Garantía de los Derechos Digitales, (LOPD-GDD) and Ley 34/2002, de 11 de julio de Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico, King’s College Murcia provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at: email@example.com if you have any queries about the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives in addition to candidates, employees, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about King’s College Murcia within the systems controlled by the school as the Data Controller.
The personal data processed are mainly the following:
• Identification and contact details;
• Family details;
• Nationality, language and location;
• Safeguarding information (such as court orders and / or legal situation);
• Education and employment details;
• Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
• Financial and credit information;
• Educational background.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
• Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
• Behavioural information;
• Special educational needs;
• Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
• Biometric information;
• Religion or ideology;
• Sexual or gender situation.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
King’s College Murcia collects your information in several ways, including:
• Personally and over the phone;
• Through our website, including information received through our cookies;
• From email and hand delivery paper documentation;
• Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by King’s College Murcia;
• Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
We collect information directly from you or from third parties, such as legal representatives, professionals or authorities acting on your behalf.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
King’s College Murcia processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity and other that are essentially linked to it. The school collects and keeps students and parents’ information when necessary to:
• Attend your enquiries properly;
• Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
• Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
• Dispense to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
• Provide medical and nurse attention, meals, uniform and bus routes, among other necessary services;
• Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
• Manage academic results and university destinations;
• Manage the services of the Summer Camps and extracurricular activities;
• Support the use of parent’s portal platform and teacher zone;
• Enable parents and / or legal tutors to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, and to keep them informed about the child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.;
• Share the students’ image in the school’s media under your consent or the student over 14 years old. With the aim to celebrate student’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school, King’s College Murcia may take photographs and recorded images of the individuals to be shared in, e.g., yearbooks, school website, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age; If consented, such images can be also shared in Inspired Education Group’s social media too.
• Send commercial communications if previously authorised by you. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these kinds of e-mails sent by the school.
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by King’s College Murcia. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When necessary to provide the services, or for compliance with a legal requirement, we must share your personal data with third parties such as service providers and / or public authorities, such as the Ministry of Education or other official entities.
Personal data may also be communicated to other of our King’s College schools or even within Inspired Education Group, when necessary (for example, a language exchange with other school), which may use them for the same purposes already mentioned.
We may also communicate personal data to other third parties, in circumstances other than the above referred, if there is the consent of the parents or legal guardian or, where appropriate, of the student over 14 years of age.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
In the event that, for legitimate reasons such as student exchange programs, or in the execution of the educational contract (which could include the use of computer tools and platforms offered from outside the EEA), personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries that may offer a lower level of data protection than in the EEA. In such cases, we will implement the necessary measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection regulations. Likewise, in the event of such transfers, the parents / legal guardian or the student over 14 years of age will be clearly and correctly informed.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be kept for the period needed to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer needed or allowed to be kept for legal or business purposes, it will be safely destroyed or made anonymous.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
• Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
• Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
• Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
• Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
• Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing;
• Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can send us your request mentioning in the subject “Data Protection Request”, along with a copy of your ID card, to our DPO’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right and possibility to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
We will not collect and process, under any concept, data from individuals under 14 years old. Consent from parents or legal representatives will be always required.
11. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The school shall ensure the implementation and use of the proper technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
12. COMMON USE WITH OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS AND USEFUL PLATFORMS
This website contains links to parent’s portal and other useful links in addition to social networks like Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
13. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for essential or required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can get more information about the cookies we used by visiting our website cookies policy.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our DPO email@example.com or to the Spanish data protection authority, Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD) with contact details described at https://www.aepd.es/es/la-agencia/donde-encontrarnos.
15. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
King’s College Murcia may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in April 2023.